HT 9 Acupuncture Point(Shaochong) belongs to the Heart Meridian of Hand-Shaoyin, which is used for clearing heat,refreshing mind and relieving convulsions in children,sore throat,heartache, coma, etc.
HT 9 Acupuncture Point Location
0.1 cun posterior to the corner of the nail on the radial side of the little finger.
What is the meaning of Shaochong
ShaoChong: “Shao”,refer to Yin. “Chong”, rush out. The name of Shaochong means that the qi in this point is flushed out of the body. This point is the connection of the body surface and inner of heart meridian. The high-temperature water-qi vapor rushes out of the body surface, hence the name.
HT 9 Acupuncture Point usage
- Can be bled or needled for emotional disturbances – strong restlessness, anxiety, panic attacks, manic depression, epilepsy, etc.
- Emergency heart attack point – strong stimulation.
- Restore consciousness – heart attack, stroke.
- Jing Well Point – clear heat a/or obstruction from the opposite end of the channel, eye pain a/or redness, mouth ulcerations, sores.
- Fullness below the heart – stagnation, pain a/or distention in the HT area.
HT 9 Acupuncture Point therapy
Press and rub Shaochong acupoint with thumb and fingertips,It can treat fever and fainting.
Moxibustion on Shaochong acupoint, once a day, It can cure fainting.
Scrape Shaochong acupoint from the proximal end of the finger to the distal end for 3 to 5 minutes, 3 to 5 times a day, it can treat fever and heartache.
Compatibility of Shaochong Acupoints
Combined with Taichong, Zhongchong, and Dazhui points to treat fever and coma.
Combined with Shuigou,Baihui, Fengchi, Shixuan point to treat stroke.
Combined with Yanglingquan, Zhongfeng, and Qimen point to treat jaundice.