SP 3 Acupuncture Point(Taibai) belongs to the Spleen Meridian of Foot-Taiyin,which is commonly used for stomach pain,abdominal distension, vomiting, hiccups, bowel, diarrhea, dysentery, constipation, athlete’s foot, hemorrhoids, etc.puncture 0.5 to 0.8 cun straight.
SP 3 Acupuncture Point Location
Proximal and inferior to the head of the 1st metatarsalphalangeal joint in a depression at the junction of the red and white skin.
What is the meaning of Taibai
Taibai:”Tai”,big. “Bai”,white,means the color of lung, and the Qi. The name of Taibai means that the dampness-qi of the Spleen Meridian absorb heat and evaporate, turning into the Qi of lung. The substance of this point is the Qi of the heaven from SP 2(Dadu) point. After reaching this point, it will ascend to the heaven due to absorbing heat, and turns into the Qi of lung, hence the name.
SP 3 Acupuncture Point Usage
- Stomach pain, bloating, bowel, diarrhea, constipation, stomach cramps, gastritis, indigestion, enteritis, hemorrhoids, dysentery, etc.;
- Low back pain, numbness or pain of lower limbs, etc.;
- Athlete’s foot,swelling and pain due to athlete’s foot etc.;
- Thin thighs and so on.
Acute and chronic gastritis, acute and chronic enteritis, neuropathic vomiting, indigestion, etc.
SP 3 Acupuncture Point Therapy
- Use the inner side of thumb to press SP 3(Taibai) point for about 10 minutes each time, 1 to 3 times a day,which can increase appetite, regulate Qi and stomach.
- First massage Juxu acupoint for 20 times, then massage Quchi acupoint for 3 minutes, and finally massage SP 3(Taibai) point for 3 minutes,and take auxiliary medicine,which can relieve dysentery.
moxibustion on SP 3(Taibai) point with moxa stick for 5 to 10 minutes, or 3 to 5 unit.
SP 3 point Compatibility
Combined with Gongsun, Zusanli point to treat spleen and stomach discord, loss of appetite and abdominal distension.
Combined with Zhongwan point treat stomach pain caused by indigestion.
Combined with Lidui, Zhongwan, Weishu, Fenglong, Zusanli point to hunger, thirst, abdominal distension and pain due to stomach fire.
Combined with Zhongwan, Tianshu, Pishu, Zhangmen, Zusanli point to treat stomachache due to spleen deficienncy, chlorosis, loss of appetite, abdominal distension, abdominal pain, bowel, diarrhea, etc.
Combined with Pishu, Zhongwan, Qihai, Zhongwan point to treat abdominal pain and hematochezia due to the deficiency and cold of the spleen and stomach.
Combined with Hegu, Quchi, Shangjuxu, Fujie to treat constipation.
Combined with Dachangshu and Xiangu point to treat carbuncle caused by heat in the large intestine.
Combined with Feishu, Lieque, Hegu, Chize, Pishu, and Fenglong to treat cough and asthma caused by turbid phlegm and obstructing the lung.
Combined with Yanglingquan, Zusanli, Chengshan, Yinlingquan, Taixi point to treat foot tarsal pain, pain in the calf, and dyskinesia of the big toe due to wind-eveil.
Combined with Zusanli, Sanyinjiao, Yanglingquan, and Bafeng point to treat athlete’s foot due to due to spleen deficiency.