ST 11 Acupuncture Point(Qishe) belongs to the Stomach Meridian of Foot-Yangming,which is commonly used for swelling and pain of throat, acute stiff neck, cough, asthma, scrofula, etc., puncture 0.3 to 0.5 cun straight.
ST 11 Acupuncture Point Location
At the superior border of the clavicle between the sternal and clavicular heads of the sternocleidomastoideus muscle.
What is the meaning of Qishe
Qishe:”Qi”,refers to the substance of this point is the Qi of the heaven.”She”,source. The name of “Qishe” means that this point is an important source of Qi of the Stomach Meridian. The substance of this point is the Meridian water from ST 10(Shuitu) point. It is located in the lower part of the neck,more closer to the heart fire,so the water is vaporized more greater, which is an important source of Qi,Hence the name.
ST 11 Acupuncture Point Usage
Swelling and pain of throat, acute stiff neck, cough, asthma, scrofula, etc;
1. Respiratory system diseases: pharyngitis, tonsillitis, laryngitis, bronchitis, asthma, whooping cough;
2. Digestive system diseases: esophagitis, diaphragmatic spasm, dyspepsia;
3. Others: cervical lymph node tuberculosis, goiter, stiff neck, cervical spondylosis.
ST 11 Acupuncture Point Therapy
- Take a supine position and relax your muscles,press ST 11(Qishe) points for 6 seconds while exhaling,Repeat it five times to relieve hiccup.
- Use your middle finger to press and knead ST 11 in clockwise and counterclockwise respectively for 1 to 3 minutes each time,which can maintain your lungs if long-term massage it;
ST 11 Point Compatibility
Combined with Nuoshu, Jianshi, Taixi, Taichong, Futu, Shuiyu point to treat thyroid disease;
Combined with Zhangmen,Tianjing, Zulinqi,Fenglong point to treat scrofula;
Combined with Zhongwan,Zusanli, Neiguan, Qihu, Geshu point to hiccup;
Combined with ShaoShang,ChiZe, Hegu, ShaoShang point to relieve throat and swelling due to wind-heat;
Combined with ShangYang,Neiting, Tiantu point to sore throat due to Stomach fire;
Combined with Dazhui, Tianzhu, Dazhu and Houxi point to treat stiff neck pain due to obstruction of meridians.