More and more people are now infected rhinitis and sinusitis symptoms such as: nasal congestion, nasal discharge, sneezing and nasal itching.It will bring great trouble to the patient.
So are there any effective ways for relieving rhinitis and sinusitis? in addition to medication,pressure point massage is also very effective!
In this article, we look at what sinus pressure points are, location, and how to stimulate them.
How Can Rhinitis Be Caused
There are various symptoms of respiratory tract discomfort when people getting rhinitis.How can it be caused? Genetics, improper diet, seasonal changes, dry air, serious environmental pollution, negative psychology, poor physical fitness, etc. all that may cause rhinitis, so we must pay attention to these predisposing factors, and timely done preventive work.
How to stimulate pressure points
Preparation for the massage:Take a sitting position, relax body and breathe peacefully during massage. For light patients, massage once a day in the morning and evening within a week; for severe patients, massage three times a day, morning, afternoon and evening in about 20 days. If you insist on massaging, you can fully treat it.
The University of California, Los Angeles (UCLA) recommend these steps for beginners:
- Relax in a comfortable position, close the eyes, and breathe deeply.
- Choose a pressure point and press it firmly with a finger.
- Move the finger in circles, or up and down, for several minutes.
- Use deep, firm pressure.
- Repeat this as often as needed.
Best Pressure Points For Sinusitis
The best way to prevent from rhinitis is that people should stay away from allergens,and prevent repeated infections of the respiratory tract. We list some acupuncture points for allergic rhinitis and nasal congestion. When getting the nasal congestion,massage them is very good,even if for allergic rhinitis,obviously effect seen after 1 month.
LU 3 can reliev and treat rhinitis no matter what type of rhinitis, you can try it.
Location:3 cun below the axillary fold on the radial side of the biceps brachii tendon.
ST 43 is located on the foot, which can directly lead to the nose orifice,help for relieving stuffy nose.
Location:In a depression distal to the junction of the 2nd and 3rd metatarsal bones.
Location:In the nasolabial groove, level with the midpoint of the lateral border of the ala nasi.
- Usage:Efficacy:Remove wind-heat,mediate nostril,This point is located near to the nose,the Qi flow directly through the nostril,so it is very beneficial for opening the meridians and activating the collaterals, and mediate nostril. It is a crucial point for various nose diseases.
- Symptoms: acute and chronic rhinitis, sinusitis, nose bleeding, facial nerve palsy, facial itching, facial swelling, biliary ascariasis, constipation, etc.
Location:In a depression between the upper portion of the sternocleidomastoid muscle and the trapezius, level with GV 16.
- Head and face syndromes such as headache, dizziness,swelling and pain of eye,Sinusitis, tinnitus;
- Mental diseases such as stroke, insomnia, epilepsy, etc.;
- Stiff neck pain.
- Clinical:Hypertension, cerebral arteriosclerosis, neurasthenia, epilepsy, colds, optic atrophy, rhinitis, cervical spondylosis, etc.
Location:2 cun below LI 11 on the LI 5 to LI 11 line.
LI 10 can relieve allergic rhinitis,which can not only treat rhinitis, but also improve our immunity.
SI 2 can treat allergic rhinitis, chronic rhinitis, sinusitis and other symptoms of nose disorder.
Location:When a loose fist is made, at the ulnar end of the crease, distal to the 5th metacarpophalangeal joint at the junction of the red & white skin.
SP 1 can clear the nasal orifice and treat chronic rhinitis, tapped it when treating rhinitis.
Location:On the medial side of the big toe 0.1 cun posterior to the corner of the nai.
- EX HN 3(Yitang)
EX-HN 3(Yitang) belongs to the Governor Channel and is located between the eyebrows.
Massage technique:Straighten the middle finger and bend the other fingers. Put the middle finger to the center of the eyebrow, press EX-HN 3(Yitang) with the fingertips for about 2 to 3 minutes each time in morning and evening.
It can effectively relieve nasal congestion, runny nose, rhinitis, nasal diseases, etc. also enhance the proliferation of epithelial cells of the nasal mucosa, stimulate olfactory cells, make the sense of smell sensitive, and prevent from colds and respiratory diseases.
When to see a Doctor
While pressure point massage may help treat nasal indications, some sinus conditions require proficient consideration. People should inquiry a doctor like this:
- Persistent pain in the nose, forehead, or around the eyes.
- Indications of a contamination, like swelling or a fever.
- Poor breathing through the nose.
Anybody having very poor breathing through the nose or the mouth should call emergency telephone number or in any case look for emergency care.
We have listed the 8 acupuncture points that can relieve and treat rhinitis. Patients can refer to pressure point location for massage, or make under the guidance of a doctor. Although there is a certain effect for relieving rhinitis,but if it is more serious, it is better to go to the hospital for further treatment,Usually, patients should pay attention to keeping warm, more or less clothes in time according to weather changing.After catching a cold, it is easy to aggravate rhinitis,and don’t let themselves catch a cold.